Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Be Content

www.allsufficientgod.org

I AM the Holy Spirit. I want you to be content in whatever situation you are in. I helped empower the apostle Paul to be a great hero of the faith. He was a man on the frontlines for Us. He experienced both good and bad times in his life. Paul wrote, "Not that I speak in regard to need, for I have learned in whatever state I am, to be content." (Philippians 4:11.) Paul learned to be content in no matter what condition he was in.

In Paul's second letter to the Corinthians, he wrote about some of his sufferings for Christ. He wrote, "From the Jews five times I received forty stripes minus one. Three times I was beaten with rods; once I was stoned; three times I was shipwrecked; a night and a day I have been in the deep; in journeys often, in perils of waters, in perils of robbers, in perils of my own countrymen, in perils of the Gentiles, in perils in the city, in perils in the wilderness, in perils in the sea, in perils among false brethren; in weariness and toil, in sleeplessness often, in hunger and thirst, in fastings often, in cold and nakedness. (II Corinthians 11:24-27.)

If Paul learned to be content through all this, I want you to be content as well.


Philippians 4:11
11 Not that I speak in regard to need, for I have learned in whatever state I am, to be content.

II Corinthians 11:24-27
24 From the Jews five times I received forty stripes minus one.  25 Three times I was beaten with rods; once I was stoned; three times I was shipwrecked; a night and a day I have been in the deep;  26 in journeys often, in perils of waters, in perils of robbers, in perils of my own countrymen, in perils of the Gentiles, in perils in the city, in perils in the wilderness, in perils in the sea, in perils among false brethren;  27 in weariness and toil, in sleeplessness often, in hunger and thirst, in fastings often, in cold and nakedness.

No comments:

Post a Comment