Saturday, December 14, 2013

Revive Me

www.allsufficientgod.org

I AM the Holy Spirit. In Jesus' sermon on the mountain to the multitudes He said, "Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be filled." (Matthew 5:6.) When a person hungers and thirsts for righteousness, it catches Our attention. We are drawn to such desire. We are attracted to prayers that ignite personal and corporate revival.

The author of Psalm 119 cried out to Us for personal revival. Personal revival leads to corporate revival. The psalmist's hunger and thirst for righteousness caught Our attention. Consider his heart's cry. "My soul clings to the dust; revive me according to Your word." (verse 25.) "Turn away my eyes from looking at worthless things, and revive me in Your way." (verse 37.) "Behold, I long for Your precepts; revive me in Your righteousness." (verse 40.) "Revive me according to Your lovingkindness, so that I may keep the testimony of Your mouth." (verse 88.) "Hear my voice according to Your lovingkindness; O Lord, revive me according to Your justice." (verse 149.) "Great are Your tender mercies, O Lord; revive me according to Your judgments." (verse 156.) The word, "revive" here means to live, remain alive, live prosperously, and to be restored to health. Your revival will usher in revival for others.


Matthew 5:6
6 Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness,
    For they shall be filled.

Psalm 119:25
25 My soul clings to the dust; Revive me according to Your word.

Psalm 119:37
37 Turn away my eyes from looking at worthless things, And revive me in Your way.

Psalm 119:40
40 Behold, I long for Your precepts; Revive me in Your righteousness.

Psalm 119:88
88 Revive me according to Your lovingkindness, So that I may keep the testimony of Your mouth.

Psalm 119:149
149 Hear my voice according to Your lovingkindness; O Lord, revive me according to Your justice.

Psalm 119:156
156 Great are Your tender mercies, O Lord; Revive me according to Your judgments.

No comments:

Post a Comment