Thursday, December 19, 2013

Specifics

www.allsufficientgod.org

I AM Jesus. During My earthly ministry when I was going near Jericho, a blind man sat by the road begging. When I passed by him, he cried out, saying, "Jesus, Son of David, have mercy on me!" He was told to be quiet. However, he cried out all the more. I stood still and commanded him to be brought to Me. I asked him what he wanted Me to do for him. His response was, "Lord, that I may receive my sight." I responded saying, receive your sight; your faith has made you well." (Luke 18:35-42.)

It was pretty obvious for Me to see this man had a significant need. He was a blind beggar on the side of the road. However, I asked him specifically what He wanted Me to do for him. He then specifically told Me what he wanted. When you pray, it helps to be specific about what you are praying for. Being specific is not necessary for Us to understand your needs, but it helps you pinpoint your needs, and also increases your faith. Hannah, the mother of Samuel was very specific of what she wanted when she prayed to Us for a child. (I Samuel 1:11.) We answered her prayer. We want to answer your prayers too.


Luke 18:35-42
35 Then it happened, as He was coming near Jericho, that a certain blind man sat by the road begging.  36 And hearing a multitude passing by, he asked what it meant.  37 So they told him that Jesus of Nazareth was passing by.  38 And he cried out, saying, “Jesus, Son of David, have mercy on me!”

39 Then those who went before warned him that he should be quiet; but he cried out all the more, “Son of David, have mercy on me!”

40 So Jesus stood still and commanded him to be brought to Him. And when he had come near, He asked him,  41 saying, “What do you want Me to do for you?”

He said, “Lord, that I may receive my sight.”

42 Then Jesus said to him, “Receive your sight; your faith has made you well.”

I Samuel 1:11
11 Then she made a vow and said, “O Lord of hosts, if You will indeed look on the affliction of Your maidservant and remember me, and not forget Your maidservant, but will give Your maidservant a male child, then I will give him to the Lord all the days of his life, and no razor shall come upon his head.”

No comments:

Post a Comment