Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Frontlines :: June, 2015 :: Take the Time :: Nathan & Dawn Pietsch

By Nathan D. Pietsch

At lunch one day, Dawn and I noticed two girls eating together. I instantly felt compelled by the Holy Spirit to speak with them. We had never met them before, but I felt an urgency to talk. I felt that the Lord revealed to me that one of the girls was very close to committing suicide.

I walked up to them and said, "Excuse me. I know this sounds weird, but I feel really compelled that I need to speak with you for a minute. Are you tormented at night with horrible nightmares?"

The girl looked at me strange and had a shocked look on her face. Her initial reaction made it seem that I hit onto something. However, she denied she had any type of nightmares.

I then asked. "Do you have a strong urge to cut yourself, and you don't know why you want to?"

I realize these are pretty blunt questions, but why beat around the bush if somebody's life might be on the line? The girl denied this as well.

The other girl then said, "No, we're happy people. We have our weed."

I then replied, "Ok, always remember these words, 'Jesus help.' No matter what situation you are in." I then left.

I may never know the outcome of this two minute conversation until Heaven, but I believe it was worth my time.

No comments:

Post a Comment