Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Disciple or Religious Leader?

www.allsufficientgod.org

I AM Jesus. During My earthly ministry, My greatest frustration was dealing with the scribes, Pharisees, and Sadducees. It was the religious leaders, bound by a religious spirit who opposed My ministry the most. In My sermon on the mount, I said to the people, "Unless your righteousness exceeds the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven." (Matthew 5:20.) It was the religious leaders who accused Me of blasphemy. (Matthew 9:3.) It was the religious leaders who transgressed the commandment of God because of their traditions. (Matthew 15:1-3.) The religious leaders actually rejected the will of God for themselves. (Luke 7:30.) It was the religious leaders who eventually persuaded Pilate to crucify Me. (John 19:6.)

If I were to physically come to earth again right now, how do you think I would be received by people? Would I be accepted, valued, and honored as the Son of God, or would I be rejected, scorned, and cast away? Would I eventually be killed in your day, as I was in My day? Stop and think for a moment, and really consider, if I was physically on the earth right now, would you be My disciple, or would you be a religious leader and not even know it?

Matthew 5:20
20 For I say to you, that unless your righteousness exceeds the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven.

Matthew 9:3
3 And at once some of the scribes said within themselves, “This Man blasphemes!”

Matthew 15:1-3
1 Then the scribes and Pharisees who were from Jerusalem came to Jesus, saying,  2 “Why do Your disciples transgress the tradition of the elders? For they do not wash their hands when they eat bread.”

3 He answered and said to them, “Why do you also transgress the commandment of God because of your tradition?

Luke 7:30
30 But the Pharisees and lawyers rejected the will of God for themselves, not having been baptized by him.

John 19:6
6 Therefore, when the chief priests and officers saw Him, they cried out, saying, “Crucify Him, crucify Him!”

Pilate said to them, “You take Him and crucify Him, for I find no fault in Him.”

No comments:

Post a Comment