Friday, August 23, 2013

Don't Quench the Spirit

www.allsufficientgod.org

I AM the Heavenly Father. I do not want you to quench the Holy Spirit. (I Thessalonians 5:19.) The Holy Spirit is the Helper, whom I sent in Jesus' name. It is the Holy Spirit who teaches you all things, and brings to your remembrance the things Jesus has said. (John 14:26.) You need the Holy Spirit evidenced in your life. Evidence of the Holy Spirit flowing in your life is verified by the kind of fruit you bear. The fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. (Galatians 5:22-23.) If you live in the Spirit, then you must also walk in the Spirit. (Galatians 5:25.)

In addition, evidence of the Holy Spirit operating in your life is verified by the gifts of the Spirit. Paul was Divinely inspired to write, "...desire spiritual gifts..." (I Corinthians 14:1.) He also wrote, "Now concerning spiritual gifts... I do not want you to be ignorant." (I Corinthians 12:1.) As you embrace the fruit, gifts, character, personality, and nature of the Holy Spirit you will be less likely to quench the flow of the Holy Spirit. The religious leaders in Jesus' time are great examples of those who quenched the Holy Spirit. Paul was a great example who flowed with the Holy Spirit. Please don't quench the Spirit.


I Thessalonians 5:19
19 Do not quench the Spirit.

John 14:26
26 But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.

Galatians 5:22-23
22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,  23 gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law.

Galatians 5:25
25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.

I Corinthians 14:1
1 Pursue love, and desire spiritual gifts, but especially that you may prophesy.

I Corinthians 12:1
1 Now concerning spiritual gifts, brethren, I do not want you to be ignorant.

No comments:

Post a Comment