Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Rest On My Bosom

www.allsufficientgod.org

I AM Jesus. Go ahead, rest your head upon My bosom. Shortly before My crucifixion, John the Beloved placed his head upon My chest in a place of rest, security, and friendship. (John 13:23-25.) John was My only disciple of the twelve who was with Me to the end. Out of great fear, My other disciples scattered, and even Peter denied knowing Me. (Matthew 26:33-35.) John, who rested his head upon My breast in a place of closeness stood with Me as I hung upon the cross. (John 19:26-27.)

As you place your head upon My bosom, you will be able to hear My heart. Connect with My heartbeat. Listen! Do not simply read these words nonchalantly. Engage Me! What is My heart speaking to you personally? What am I saying to you about your family? What I am saying to you about your nation? As you stay in this place of rest and companionship, it will be easier for you to carry My heart. Your heart will beat with My heart. You will take on My characteristics. Your heart will be filled with compassion for the lost, broken-hearted, and down-trodden. Rest your head upon My bosom and connect with Me.


John 13:23-25
23 Now there was leaning on Jesus’ bosom one of His disciples, whom Jesus loved.  24 Simon Peter therefore motioned to him to ask who it was of whom He spoke.

25 Then, leaning back on Jesus’ breast, he said to Him, “Lord, who is it?”

Matthew 26:33-35
33 Peter answered and said to Him, “Even if all are made to stumble because of You, I will never be made to stumble.”

34 Jesus said to him, “Assuredly, I say to you that this night, before the rooster crows, you will deny Me three times.”

35 Peter said to Him, “Even if I have to die with You, I will not deny You!”

And so said all the disciples.

John 19:26-27
26 When Jesus therefore saw His mother, and the disciple whom He loved standing by, He said to His mother, “Woman, behold your son!”  27 Then He said to the disciple, “Behold your mother!”

And from that hour that disciple took her to his own home.

No comments:

Post a Comment