Saturday, April 13, 2013

Strong Weaklings

www.allsufficientgod.org

I AM the Heavenly Father. I love to choose the foolish things of the world to put to shame the wise, and the weak things of the world to put to shame the things which are mighty. (I Corinthians 1:27.) I do not call many who are wise according to the flesh, nor many mighty, nor many noble. (I Corinthians 1:26.) I love to use the simple, weak, and fearful.

David was a simple shepherd boy, whom I used to destroy Goliath. (I Samuel 17:34-37.)  Gideon was weak until I was with him.  (Judges 6:14-16.) The early church was fearful until they received the Holy Spirit. (John 20:19-22.) I AM a God outside of human normality.

Jesus said, "I thank You, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that You have hidden these things from the wise and prudent and have revealed them to babes." (Matthew 11:25.) I am not looking to empower the wise, prudent, strong, and confident, but I am looking to empower you. You are qualified, because I have qualified you. As I used the early apostles, I want to use you to turn the world upside down. (Acts 17:1-6.) Let Me empower you.


I Corinthians 1:27
27 But God has chosen the foolish things of the world to put to shame the wise, and God has chosen the weak things of the world to put to shame the things which are mighty.

I Corinthians 1:26
26 For you see your calling, brethren, that not many wise according to the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called.

I Samuel 17:34-37
34 But David said to Saul, “Your servant used to keep his father’s sheep, and when a lion or a bear came and took a lamb out of the flock, 35 I went out after it and struck it, and delivered the lamb from its mouth; and when it arose against me, I caught it by its beard, and struck and killed it.  36 Your servant has killed both lion and bear; and this uncircumcised Philistine will be like one of them, seeing he has defied the armies of the living God.” 37 Moreover David said, “The Lord, who delivered me from the paw of the lion and from the paw of the bear, He will deliver me from the hand of this Philistine.”

Judges 6:14-16
14 Then the Lord turned to him [Gideon] and said, “Go in this might of yours, and you shall save Israel from the hand of the Midianites. Have I not sent you?”

15 So he said to Him, “O my Lord, how can I save Israel? Indeed my clan is the weakest in Manasseh, and I am the least in my father’s house.”

16 And the Lord said to him, “Surely I will be with you, and you shall defeat the Midianites as one man.”

John 20:19-22
19 Then, the same day at evening, being the first day of the week, when the doors were shut where the disciples were assembled, for fear of the Jews, Jesus came and stood in the midst, and said to them, “Peace be with you.” 20 When He had said this, He showed them His hands and His side. Then the disciples were glad when they saw the Lord.

21 So Jesus said to them again, “Peace to you! As the Father has sent Me, I also send you.” 22 And when He had said this, He breathed on them, and said to them, “Receive the Holy Spirit.

Matthew 11:25
25 At that time Jesus answered and said, "I thank You, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that You have hidden these things from the wise and prudent and have revealed them to babes."

Acts 17:1-6
1 Now when they had passed through Amphipolis and Apollonia, they came to Thessalonica, where there was a synagogue of the Jews. 2 Then Paul, as his custom was, went in to them, and for three Sabbaths reasoned with them from the Scriptures, 3 explaining and demonstrating that the Christ had to suffer and rise again from the dead, and saying, “This Jesus whom I preach to you is the Christ.” 4 And some of them were persuaded; and a great multitude of the devout Greeks, and not a few of the leading women, joined Paul and Silas.

5 But the Jews who were not persuaded, becoming envious, took some of the evil men from the marketplace, and gathering a mob, set all the city in an uproar and attacked the house of Jason, and sought to bring them out to the people. 6 But when they did not find them, they dragged Jason and some brethren to the rulers of the city, crying out, “These who have turned the world upside down have come here too.

No comments:

Post a Comment