Saturday, December 7, 2013

Rest, O My Soul

www.allsufficientgod.org

I AM Jesus. If anyone is in Me, they are a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new. (II Corinthians 5:17.) Every person who has received Me as their personal Lord and Savior has a new nature and identity. I want you to walk in your new nature. The apostle Paul was Divinely inspired to write, "Put off, concerning your former conduct, the old man which grows corrupt according to the deceitful lusts. Be renewed in the spirit of your mind. Put on the new man which was created according to God, in true righteousness and holiness." (Ephesians 4:22-24.) I want you to put off the former conduct, and put on the new man. I want you to understand what I have done for you on the cross.

The psalmist wrote, "Return to your rest, O my soul, for the Lord has dealt bountifully with you." (Psalm 116:7.) Your soul consists of your mind, will, and emotions. You can tell your soul to be at rest, because I have dealt bountifully with you when I died on the cross. I bore all sin, and destroyed all curses at the cross. You can live with a peaceful mind, so tell your soul to be at rest.


II Corinthians 5:17
17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new.

Ephesians 4:22-24
22 that you put off, concerning your former conduct, the old man which grows corrupt according to the deceitful lusts,  23 and be renewed in the spirit of your mind,  24 and that you put on the new man which was created according to God, in true righteousness and holiness.

Psalm 116:7
7 Return to your rest, O my soul,
For the Lord has dealt bountifully with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment