Sunday, July 21, 2013

Be Still

www.allsufficientgod.org

I AM the Heavenly Father. Have you ever thought about having a detox? I am not talking physically, I am talking spiritually. Have you considered turning off your phones, televisions, computers, and other technological advances for a season, to just encounter Us? A psalm written in the past still has validity today. The psalm says, "Be still, and know that I am God..." (Psalm 46:10.) Sometimes you need to just sit still. In your sitting still, and tuning your senses towards Us, you will experience and encounter Us. We are always speaking, and We want you to always be hearing. You might even need to change your surroundings, and escape from your daily demands.

There are numerous ways to hear and experience Us by being still. After you find your quiet place, you can open your Bible. The Bible is a great way to hear Our voice. Or perhaps you want to turn on some soft instrumental music, lie down, be still, and let Our presence and love wash over you. Or maybe you would prefer to sit in silence and journal the words I am speaking to you. What ever you decide, be still and know that I am God.


Psalm 46:10
10 Be still, and know that I am God;
I will be exalted among the nations,
I will be exalted in the earth!

No comments:

Post a Comment