Thursday, July 18, 2013

Know Us

www.allsufficientgod.org

I AM the Heavenly Father. I know everything about you. I have searched you and known you. I know your sitting down and your rising up. I understand your thoughts. I comprehend your paths and your lying down. I am acquainted with all your ways. (Psalm 139:1-3.) The very hairs of your head are all numbered. (Matthew 10:30.) I know everything about you. The question is, do you know Me?

Many people learn about Us in Sunday school or church. They learn about some of Our characteristics and attributes. They might have some head knowledge of Us, and may have even received Jesus to be their Lord, but they still don't know who We are. I want you to really know Us. I want you to know Our voice. I want you to know what is on Our hearts. I want you to feel Our presence. I want you to encounter Us.

Some of King David's final instructions to his son Solomon were, "Know the God of your father." (I Chronicles 28:9.) If you really know Us in a deep and personal way, you will keep yourself from years of heartache. If you experience Us on a regular basis, you won't desire to experience a counterfeit. I want you to know Us.


Psalm 139:1-3
For the Chief Musician. A Psalm of David.

1 O Lord, You have searched me and known me.
2 You know my sitting down and my rising up;
You understand my thought afar off.
3 You comprehend my path and my lying down,
And are acquainted with all my ways.

Matthew 10:30
30 But the very hairs of your head are all numbered.

I Chronicles 28:9
9 “As for you, my son Solomon, know the God of your father, and serve Him with a loyal heart and with a willing mind; for the Lord searches all hearts and understands all the intent of the thoughts. If you seek Him, He will be found by you; but if you forsake Him, He will cast you off forever."

No comments:

Post a Comment