Friday, July 23, 2010

Miracle of Salvations

By Nathan D. Pietsch
Previously dislocated shoulder healed
Leg supernaturally grows out
Youths feel the Holy Spirit physically
Three salvations
Demon manifestation
One near fight
July 22, 2010


The greatest miracle of all time is that of salvation. When a person receives Jesus Christ as their personal Lord and Savior, a miracle has taken place. Leading somebody to start their own personal relationship with Jesus, is the ultimate prize for an evangelist. However, oftentimes the raw power of God needs to be demonstrated in order to convince somebody that Jesus is real.

The apostle Paul wrote several verses for us to learn. In I Corinthians 2:4-5 the Bible says—

4 And my speech and my preaching were not with persuasive words of human wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power, 5 that your faith should not be in the wisdom of men but in the power of God.

Paul went on to say in I Corinthians 4:20—

20 For the kingdom of God is not in word but in power.

When God performs miraculous signs and wonders through you, they should ultimately point the person in the direction of starting a relationship with Jesus. Miraculous signs are a tool to help others believe in His name. We see this clearly explained in John 2:23—

Now when He was in Jerusalem at the Passover, during the feast, many believed in His name when they saw the signs which He did.

Honestly, street evangelism is hard enough, but trying to convince someone into a relationship with Jesus seems very difficult to me indeed. For me, the fruit of the Spirit (see Galatians 5:22) and the gifts of the Holy Spirit (see I Corinthians 12, Romans 12:3-8, Ephesians 4:7-16) are crucial in ministry. Whichever spiritual gifts you use, they must be done out of love, according to I Corinthians 13. I find gifts of healing, gifts of miracles, the prophetic, and words of knowledge very helpful in street evangelism. Tonight, three salvations occurred because of the spiritual gifts active in our lives.

Dawn and I were walking south on the Las Vegas Strip towards the MGM. While we were walking, four youths in their late teens or early 20’s got highlighted. They went into a store, so we waited about five minutes for them to come out. I walked up to the group and said, “Hey, do you guys need any prayer tonight? Do you need any radical miracles in your life? Does anybody have any physical body pain?”

One of the guys raised his hand and said, “Yes, I dislocated my shoulder in wresting about a year ago. It has never been the same.”

“Do you want to be healed of your shoulder pain?”

“How?,” he replied.

“I’m going to command the pain out of your shoulder, and the pain is going to leave.”

“Ok, go for it. Let’s see it.”

I replied, “In the name of Jesus Christ, I command all the pain to go to the cross right now. Test it out. Does it still hurt?”

The guy started to move his arm about. He started to smile a little. “Ya, my shoulder feels better, but it still hurts a little.”

“Ok, but at least we are seeing improvement. Thank you, Jesus. Let’s go for it again. In the name of Jesus, I command all the pain to go to the cross and never return. I command this body to come into alignment with the will of the Father. Jesus died on the cross for all of our sin, disease, and injuries. We don’t need to be in pain. Can you test it out again?”

He began to move his arm around again. “The pain is gone he said,” with amazement.

I knew there was more the Holy Spirit wanted to demonstrate for these guys, but I wasn’t sure what it was. Then I got a word of knowledge for somebody having a hurt back. “Hey, who has a hurt back?,” I asked. The same guy raised his hand.

“Your back hurts, huh?” I asked.

“Ya, my back hurts. The doctors also thought that I would permanently walk with a limp because I had a hip issue once.”

With this new information I had gathered, it seemed pretty obvious that his leg length was off.

“Do you know if your leg length is even?”

“No, I don’t know. How can you tell?,” he asked.

“It’s easy. All you need to do is sit down on the ground and we can check it.”

He sat down on the ground, and sure enough his right leg was a half inch shorter than the other. The four youths all witnessed and verified verbally that it was shorter, and of course Dawn and I could easily tell as well.

I spoke to the four boys, “Let me tell you what is going to happen. I am going to command your leg to grow and your hips to come into alignment in the name of Jesus. Are you all ready to witness a miracle before your very eyes? I’m not going to pull on his leg in anyway. I am only going to speak.”

These guys were pretty interested to see what was going to happen. I spoke the words, and before all of our eyes, his leg popped out into its correct alignment.

“Are you feeling anything in your body right now?,” I asked.

“Ya, I feel tingling all over. That’s weird,” he replied.

These guys were actually pretty excited to see what had just happened. I then turned to the three others and asked them, “Have you ever felt the raw physical presence of God on your body?”

They looked at me pretty oddly, and said, “No.”

“Do you want to?,” I asked.

They looked at each other trying to know if it was safe or not. Then one of them said, “Ya, I want to.”

“Ok, put your hands out with your palms facing up. Holy Spirit, please come, we invite You in. Touch our bodies with your love. You might begin to feel a cooling sensation in your hands, a heat, or maybe tingling.”

After a few seconds, I asked them, “Are you feeling anything?” I was feeling a cold sensation in my palms.

“Ya, wow, I feel tingling all over my hands,” they began to admit.

“That’s the Holy Spirit loving on you and proving He is real.” I then asked them, “Are you ready to walk into your God-given destiny?”

“Ya,” they replied.

“Ok, repeat after me. ‘Lord Jesus, please come into my heart. Forgive me of all my sins. Please be Lord of my life. I want all that You have for me now and forever more.’” It was wonderful seeing their faces light up with smiles and laughter after they received Jesus as their personal Lord and Savior.

Unfortunately, one of the guys backed out of the circle and refused to go any further. I guess he wasn’t ready for the greatest gift he could ever receive. The Lord is going to get him though. His three buddies just got saved.

It is really interesting how street evangelism sometimes goes. You can go from a fabulous experience to a complete low, or vice versa in a matter of moments. Several minutes after these guys got saved, another group of guys got highlighted. I saw three African-American guys sitting down and one more talking with them. I approached them and basically asked the same question, “Hey gentlemen, excuse me, do you guys need any prayer tonight? I mean not just prayer, I’m talking radical miracles. Do any of you have any physical body pain?”

The guy standing, said to me, “Ya, I need a miracle.”

“Ok,” I replied, “What?”

“I need a miracle of you going into that store and buying me a case of beer.”

“Oh, I have something way better than beer.”

“You do? Why didn’t you tell me sooner, and what is it?”

“I have Jesus. He is way better than any beer you will ever drink. Do you want to get whacked out on His love?”

The group began to turn on me once I mentioned the name of Jesus. However, the guy said he wanted to get whacked out.

I then said, “I release the bliss love of Jesus Christ over you right now. You never have to come down. You have an unlimited supply of his love. You never have to have a bad day, and it is always free. I release this over you in the name of Jesus.”

The guy then began to manifest a demon. “What I need is a case of beer! Are you going to go buy me some *&$%... beer?”

“No, I’m not,” I said.

“Then get the *&$%, *&$% *&$% *&$% out of my face.”

The guy started walking closer to me, calling me all sorts of profanities. I didn’t know what he was going to do. He stopped about a foot from my face.

I stood my ground and said to him, “You have no authority over me at all!”

There was no way I was giving this demon authority to come any closer to me. If a person messes with me, they are messing with my Father, and all of Heaven. If this guy would have crossed the line and actually attacked me, I could feel power pulsating through my left fist, ready for a left hook. I have black belts in three different martial arts.

The Lord taught me a long time ago not to be relying on the years of martial art training. He wants me to rely on Him. Believe me, it is way better to rely on the power and might of the Lord, than on my own physical abilities.

Dawn and I learned this a couple of Halloweens back when this powerful demonic guy started manifesting and grappling with me while we were praying for him. We weren’t expecting that scene, but it happened. I was ready to launch the guy hard to the ground with a judo throw, but the Lord didn’t give me permission. Instead, Dawn and I command the demon out in the name of Jesus. When I was grappling with this guy, I could actually feel the power of Dawn’s words go over my shoulders and into this man. I learned then, I would much rather rely on the power and might of the Holy Spirit, than my own abilities.

What is interesting though, this group of guys were highlighted to me to talk to. Did God send me in there to talk with these guys even though I almost got into a fight? Or, perhaps, I simply missed it, and wasn’t prompted to go over there by God. I’m not totally sure. I would lean way more towards the first though. I believe God loves all people so much, that he gives people time after time to repent and accept him. This guy someday is going to have to give an account before the Lord of what he just did to me.

Lord, I pray this guy will get set free. I also pray blessings upon the others you touched tonight. Thank you, Lord. In the name of Jesus, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment