Monday, June 3, 2013

Hear and Follow

www.allsufficientgod.org

I AM the Heavenly Father. When I spoke to Moses out of the burning bush I said, "I have surely seen the oppression of My people who are in Egypt, and have heard their cry because of their taskmasters, for I know their sorrows. So I have come down to deliver them out of the hand of the Egyptians, and to bring them up from that land to a good and large land, to a land flowing with milk and honey." (Exodus 3:7-8.) Throughout Israel's journey, I continually reaffirmed My promise of them inheriting the land. I confirmed I was the Lord their God, who separated them from other people. (Leviticus 20:24.)

I told Israel not to be afraid of the nations greater than them, for I - the great and awesome God - was among them. I reminded them of My mighty hand and outstretched arm, by which I brought them out of Egypt. (Deuteronomy 7:17-21.) However, the Israelites did not fully drive out the inhabitants of the land I was giving them. (Joshua 13:13.) This resulted in those people being thorns in their sides. (Numbers 33:55.)

If Israel would have obeyed My instructions, they would have had a lot less turmoil. I don't want you to make similar mistakes. Hear My voice, and follow the instructions.


Exodus 3:7-8
7 And the Lord said: “I have surely seen the oppression of My people who are in Egypt, and have heard their cry because of their taskmasters, for I know their sorrows.  8 So I have come down to deliver them out of the hand of the Egyptians, and to bring them up from that land to a good and large land, to a land flowing with milk and honey, to the place of the Canaanites and the Hittites and the Amorites and the Perizzites and the Hivites and the Jebusites.

Leviticus 20:24
24 But I have said to you, “You shall inherit their land, and I will give it to you to possess, a land flowing with milk and honey.” I am the Lord your God, who has separated you from the peoples.

Deuteronomy 7:17-21
17 “If you should say in your heart, ‘These nations are greater than I; how can I dispossess them?’—  18 you shall not be afraid of them, but you shall remember well what the Lord your God did to Pharaoh and to all Egypt:  19 the great trials which your eyes saw, the signs and the wonders, the mighty hand and the outstretched arm, by which the Lord your God brought you out. So shall the Lord your God do to all the peoples of whom you are afraid.  20 Moreover the Lord your God will send the hornet among them until those who are left, who hide themselves from you, are destroyed.  21 You shall not be terrified of them; for the Lord your God, the great and awesome God, is among you.

Joshua 13:13
13 Nevertheless the children of Israel did not drive out the Geshurites or the Maachathites, but the Geshurites and the Maachathites dwell among the Israelites until this day.

Numbers 33:55
55 But if you do not drive out the inhabitants of the land from before you, then it shall be that those whom you let remain shall be irritants in your eyes and thorns in your sides, and they shall harass you in the land where you dwell.

No comments:

Post a Comment