Saturday, June 1, 2013

Step Fathers

www.allsufficientgod.org

I AM Jesus. Step fathers have a major role to play in the lives of their step children. My earthly dad was named, Joseph. Joseph was My step father. Before my mother and Joseph came together, My mom was found expecting Me. Obviously, this looked like a major scandal for My mom. Since Joseph was a just man, he did not want to make My mom a public example. He intended to put her away secretly. However, while Joseph thought about these things, an angel appeared to him in a dream and said, "Joseph... do not be afraid to take to you Mary your wife, for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Spirit. And she will bring forth a Son, and you shall call His name Jesus, for He will save His people from their sins." (Matthew 1:18-21.)

When I was a Child the devil tried to kill Me through King Herod. However, God used My step-dad to save My life. An angel of the Lord appeared to Joseph in a dream, saying, “Arise, take the young Child and His mother, flee to Egypt, and stay there until I bring you word; for Herod will seek the young Child to destroy Him.” Following the dream, My parents immediately departed for Egypt. (Matthew 2:13-15.) I hope you see, that the role of a step father is huge.


Matthew 1:18-21
18 Now the birth of Jesus Christ was as follows: After His mother Mary was betrothed to Joseph, before they came together, she was found with child of the Holy Spirit.  19 Then Joseph her husband, being a just man, and not wanting to make her a public example, was minded to put her away secretly.  20 But while he thought about these things, behold, an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream, saying, “Joseph, son of David, do not be afraid to take to you Mary your wife, for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Spirit.  21 And she will bring forth a Son, and you shall call His name Jesus, for He will save His people from their sins.”

Matthew 2:13-15
13 Now when they [the wise men] had departed, behold, an angel of the Lord appeared to Joseph in a dream, saying, “Arise, take the young Child and His mother, flee to Egypt, and stay there until I bring you word; for Herod will seek the young Child to destroy Him.”

14 When he arose, he took the young Child and His mother by night and departed for Egypt,  15 and was there until the death of Herod, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the Lord through the prophet, saying, “Out of Egypt I called My Son.”

No comments:

Post a Comment