Sunday, June 23, 2013

Longing For You

www.allsufficientgod.org

I AM the Holy Spirit. I have a deep longing for you. I long to encounter you in deeper ways. I have a longing for all people to experience Me and embrace Me. I am patiently waiting for individuals, marriages, families, and churches to invite Me into their lives. I can bring comfort, help, peace, strength, restoration, power, and love into any situation. However, I prefer an invitation that welcomes My presence.

Before Jesus went to the cross, He lamented over Jerusalem. Jesus' heart broke for the people, because He saw their struggles and situations. Jesus cried out saying, "O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, the one who kills the prophets and stones those who are sent to her! How often I wanted to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, but you were not willing!" (Matthew 23:37.) I know how Jesus felt. This is My heart's cry too for so many people.

It was I who empowered Jesus to perform the miracles He did. It was I who empowered the early apostles to turn the world upside down. It was I who empowered Samson to tear the ropes that were on His arms. (Judges 15:14.) I am part of the Trinity - the Heavenly Father, Jesus Christ, and Holy Spirit - and few people embrace Me. Invite Me into your lives.


Matthew 23:37
37 “O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, the one who kills the prophets and stones those who are sent to her! How often I wanted to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, but you were not willing!"

Judges 15:14
14 When he came to Lehi, the Philistines came shouting against him. Then the Spirit of the Lord came mightily upon him; and the ropes that were on his arms became like flax that is burned with fire, and his bonds broke loose from his hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment