Friday, March 1, 2013

February, 2013: Update From the Mission Field

By Nathan D. Pietsch
www.allsufficientgod.org
www.arkpages.com/allsufficientgod
 
February was a powerful month for Dawn and I on the USA mission field. We are so grateful to be able to share God's love with people we encounter.

The King Who Overcame

I am Jesus, your King who overcame. Why are you running from people who do not know Me? Those who are separated from Me are like sheep without a Shepherd. They are weary and scattered, but I have great compassion for them. (Matthew 9:36.)

Many who are lost are angry, fearful, and bitter. They may even be abusive towards you. You must know that you do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, and against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places. (Ephesians 6:12.) Your struggle is not with the individual, your struggle is against the dark kingdom in which they are in bondage to.

However, I am Your King who overcame. I have disarmed such evil principalities and powers. I have made a public spectacle of them, triumphing over them in it. (Colossians 2:15.) I have also given you the authority to trample on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall by any means hurt you. (Luke 10:19.) I was victorious, so you can be victorious.

How did I overcome? I overcame by love. Love conquers all. Love never fails. (I Corinthians 13:8.) I willingly laid down My life, so that you may have life and that which is more abundantly. (John 10:10b.) I did this because of my great love for mankind. As you unconditionally love the one who is persecuting you, their heart will melt as if you heaped coals of fire on them. (Proverbs 25:21-22.) I have freely given you My love, so you can freely give My love. (Matthew 10:8b.) I have empowered you to love.

Just Let Go

I am your loving Father. Why are you hiding from Me? You are not an orphan. You do not need to be under the spirit of bondage again to fear, but you have received My Spirit of adoption. You have a Father in Heaven who longs for you, and to help you.
 
My child, please do not act like Adam and Eve after they ate the forbidden fruit. They attempted to "cover" their sin with fig leaves, by making their actions look right and justifiable in their own eyes. (Genesis 3:7.) They also attempted to hide themselves from My presence. (Genesis 3:8-10.) Fear and shame became an automatic penalty for their sin, but this was never My desire for them. Adam and Eve tried to "fix" themselves instead of turning to Me.

Just let go. Please stop trying to claw and crawl your way out. The more you struggle, the deeper you sink in the devil’s quicksand. Turn your eyes towards Me, and let go. I AM very big. I AM very powerful. I AM the only One who can help you. Trust Me. I cannot lie. (Titus 1:2.) Cast your burden upon Me. I will sustain you. (Psalm 55:22.) You must let go, and let Me intervene on your behalf.

No comments:

Post a Comment